Re: Signature on logs/eMail

From: lbuchanaat_private
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 10:07:30 PDT

    Hi,

    Another way this can be done is to use something like NFR to record all
    SMTP traffic, reconstruct the message, sign and log the results.  I once
    proposed something like this.  There was some concern about Privacy Act and
    other legal issues in regards to this.  Since all of the equipment would be
    owned by the U.S. Government, and warning banners were every where this was
    really a non-issue.  My proposal was to record the message header, and a
    signature of the contents.  What killed it was management did not think
    that it was worth the effort.

    B Cing U

    Buck