Re: Signature on logs/eMail

From: Ben Ford (bfordat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 16:14:34 PDT

    <> wrote:

    >There has been discussion of applying signatures to logs, however how about
    >eMails?
    >
    >Does anyone know about a pre/post-processor or sendmail patch, etc. That
    >could be used to apply a hash and SN to an eMail along with a signature and
    >then log this information somewhere?
    >
    >-D

    Isn't this kind of looking at it the wrong way?  What is to say that the
    mail hasn't been intercepted between sender and server and altered?  Of
    course, secure sendmail helps alleviate that.

    I think this is something that should be performed at the client level,
    like PGP is now.

    -b

    --
    So, make a real effort to avoid getting sucked into all the expensive
    lifestyle habits of typical Americans.  Because if you do that, then