Re: NTFS forensic analysis on Unix platform

From: adamdat_private
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 17:43:46 PDT

    Hi,
    openBSD just doesnt have the FS support at this time. i would NOT
    recommend using the original images, make a copy of them first or write
    it to a new drive.
    you should never do anything that may change the original image as you
    would be altering the evidence. Disturbingly it seems to be a common
    practice.

    a linux or a native nt/w2k box is your best bet ..keep in mind the linux
    NTFS support and NT4 doesnt fully support ntfs 3.* (the fs for win2k).

    Adam Daniel

    Technical Consultant
    FORENSIC DATA SERVICES PTY LIMITED
    http://www.forensicdata.com.au
    intended solely for the addressee. If you received this e-mail by
    mistake please notify us immediately and delete all copies of this
    message. You must not disclose or use in any way the information in the
    e-mail. It is the responsibility of the recipient to virus scan this
    e-mail and any attachments included.