RE: hiding data on NTFS drives

From: Andrew Sheldon (forensicsat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 23:52:28 PST

    Likewise, analysis of ADS is a standard process in all forensic examinations I perform. Although I don't rely on it, Encase does attempt to identify all ADS as standard too.

    It is important to have a forensic examination methodology that covers this kind of "hidden" data. Even if you don't find anything, you can at least counter the opposition argument that you have not carried out a thorough examination.

    shelly