Re: Keylogger Needed Quick!

From: J Jewitt (jjewitt2001at_private)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 09:20:41 PST

       If you're perp has installed a rootkit, then
    patching your shell may give you away, especially if
    his kit modified bash already. However, this is the
    best solution if your perp is connecting via an
    encrypted session.
       Consider also sniffing the connection from another
    system. It's more stealthy and cannot be affected by
    the perp without him breaking into the sniffer box.
    Any sniffer will do. Telnet commands will show up in
    clear text to port 23.

      good luck.
           J Jewitt

    http://project.honeynet.org/papers/honeynet/bash.patch