RE: Desktop files enumerated in windows user.dat?

From: Troy Larson (troyat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 12:39:00 PDT

    Actually, the Win98 registry editor does not have a straight forward
    means for letting one view the registry files (system.dat, User.dat,
    classes.dat) from other Win 9x/Me machines.  (You can use regidt32 in NT
    to view other NT registries.)  I would suggest a small little program
    called regdat, available at http://people.freenet.de/h.ulbrich/.

    from other machines. (Work on a copy. :) Using the registry editor, you
    >could see _where_ in the registry these files were referenced, and that
    might be more useful to you.