RE: Imaging a "live" system

From: H C (keydet89at_private)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 11:12:12 PDT

    > When I did it last year it was to look at a employee
    > and not let them know we were looking at them.

    I'm still not clear on the need for "live" imaging.
    There wasn't enough information in your post about why
    you'd need to do this...when I was at Winstar, we had
    several incidents in which an employee needed to be
    "looked" at, but if someone (particularly a manager or
    admin) felt that they wanted it done w/o the employee
    knowing, we usually found out that (a) HR hadn't been
    notified, and (b) the person asking usually had an
    ulterior motive.

    If I may ask...in the case you mentioned, what was it
    that you had to find that required (a) a "live" image,
    and (b) the employee not knowing?  Maybe that info, if
    it can be provided, will clear things up in my mind...

    Thanks,

    Carv