Re: Imaging a PCMCIA flash card?

From: crazytrain.com (subscribeat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 13:50:40 PDT

Mike

are you speaking of something like a PCMCIA sandisk card?  If so, you can use 'dd' to create your images.

Example, my Kodak digital camera uses a memory disk to record pics.  I then can use USB to transport those or a SANDISK PCMCIA card.  When using the card the device on my RHL 7.2 and 7.3 systems gets recognized as a hard disk (hde in my case), the logical partition of FAT12 is hde1.  I can write to it if I wanted.  I can use 'dd' to image, mount partition read only, etc.

Is this what you're looking for?

farmerdude