WG: need further help with break in

From: Holger Reichert (holger.reichertat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 01:08:52 PDT

    Hello Ingram,

    My tip:
    As you stated, you never touched the box after installation, so there's a
    good oppertunity to
    use Tripwire in your forensic analysation.
    Reinstall the box exactly as you made it on 2. July.
    Use Tripwire to get a snapshot from the system in a trusted state.
    Use Tripwire again with the trusted database against the compromised
    harddisk.
    Now you'll get a report of all the changes which where been made.

    Hope that helps

    Best wishes and patience

    Holger Reichert
    Holysword GbR