Re: DD -> Netcat NT Imaging

From: Volker Tanger (volker.tangerat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 04:59:53 PDT

    Greetings!

    Seth Arnold wrote:

    >>which makes me think I that I am not closing the connection properly. How do
    >>people end the netcat session once the DD has reported all the data blocks
    >>that it has read?
    >
    > Netcat automatically closes the connection when it runs out of data to
    > read.

    Had this phenomenon once or twice. The timeout may happen if the sending
    party is much slower than the reveiving one AND the receiving one also
    is the listening nc.

    See http://www.wyae.de/docs/ for a detailed explanation on how to
    (reliably) mirror disks or partitions via networks. Imaged a number
    (~100) PCs without flaw this way.

    Bye

    Volker Tanger
    IT-Security Consulting