Re: Was the HD formatted? (under Win95)

From: Andrew Hilborne (andrew.hilborneat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 03:04:51 PDT

    Brian Carrier <bcarrierat_private> writes:

    > FAT does not care about timezones.  FAT stores the date and time as a
    > static value (not a delta as NTFS and UNIX do).  So, you should not
    > see a change in times when you change the timezone.

    I just wanted to correct this with respect to unix (I know very little about
    NTFS.) Unix filesystem inodes store all timestamps in GMT (a.k.a. Zulu time.)
    It is user-space library functions which adjust these values for presentation
    against the timezone which is currently set for the system.

    --
    Andrew Hilborne