Re: Remote Syslogd

From: Tom Perrine (tepat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 21:46:21 PST

    We send *everything* to our remote log server, using something like
    this:

    *.debug;local7.none                                     @loghost

    We reserve local7 for things that we don't want to push off the local
    host, like some Oracle stuff.  Everything else we want to send to the
    loghost.

    --
    Tom E. Perrine <tepat_private> | San Diego Supercomputer Center
    http://www.sdsc.edu/~tep/     |