Re: Remote Syslogd

From: Paul Timmins (paulat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 08:18:04 PST

    Another option I've employed at one point is to direct security logs to
    /dev/lp0 and throw a dot matrix printer with a continuous feed of paper
    on the parallel port (I did this on Linux, I'm sure it works on other
    OSs).
    Once they get into the machine, there's no way they can delete the logs.
    I mean, they can move the paper back a line or two with the epson
    control sequences and try to print over it, but combined with a remote
    logging server, you have evidence that is likely alot easier to prove
    wasn't tampered with (IANAL).
    My $0.02.
    -Paul