Re: Win32 Port of TAR

From: Seth Arnold (sarnoldat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 11:55:52 PST

    On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 10:20:47PM +0000, Chris Mawer wrote:
    > Well thats sweet. What happened to the WINDOWS folder? What happened to the
    > other 20 directories and sub-directories of the project the guy was working
    > on? What happened to the other files in the root dir? AAAARRRHHHH!!!

    I suggest using tar's t operation to see if the archive file contains
    the Windows directory and other directories you were looking for. You
    should probably do this before gzipping the archive to see what is in
    the package before transferring it to another machine. (Always try to
    reduce the number of variables involved. :)

    --
    Nothing says, "Superpower" like bombing a country that is poor and
    hungry. -- Ken Brush