Antwort: Dumping RAM contents on Win NT / 2000

From: oliver.biermannat_private
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 11:41:02 PST

    Hi,

    try these:

    http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/pmdump/

    http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/495/495lect06.htm

    That will help you out...

    Regards,

    Oliver Biermann

    Oliver Biermann  -  MIT Security
    Mobilcom Corporate IT - Büdelsdorf
    Tel: +49 4331 4472124 - Fax: -2200
    Fingerprint: FC19 7F6D 4405 EF4F AE25 96CD 8DAB B7D6 F3B6 9F01

    John Smith <for3nsicsat_private>
    10.11.02 23:40

            An:     focus-msat_private
            Kopie:  forensicsat_private
            Thema:  Dumping RAM contents on Win NT / 2000

    Hi all,

    I'm conducting some test forensics work on both
    Windows NT and 2000 and found myself wanting to "dump"
    the contents of memory for volatile data investiation.
    Unfortunately I can not find any relevant information
    on tools/howto's on this subject, accept setting a
    Registry key which requires and initial reboot to take
    affect. (which will be useless because after the
    reboot the volatile data would be lost). And yes, the
    fact that the Reg Key wasn't set is an obvious one as
    well :)

    Any ideas on how this could be achieved WITHOUT
    setting the particular Registry setting.

    Thanks in advance.

    http://careers.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Careers
    - 1,000's of jobs waiting online for you!