RE: 2 data recovery questions

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnjaat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 00:48:12 PST

    SGI uses XFS, a journalling filesystem developed by SGI and used in SGI's
    IRIX operating system.
    SGI supports XFS under Linux, you can check for more details on:
    http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/

    So, I'd advise Rod to try to mount that HDD under some Linux computer - he
    should be able to see normal filesystem if it's on disk. It's also possible
    that disk was used in RAID on original computer.

    Best regards,

    Bojan Zdrnja