Re: Large file support in TASK

From: KEVEN M MURPHY (murphykat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 11:35:58 PST

    Geoffrey,

    This is pretty much what I have recently found out with a WinXP 30 gig image.
    I was able to see all of the files by installing the NTFS driver from NTFS
    driver project found at http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net. I am not sure if
    gentoo uses this driver or not. The Redhat kernel still uses the old one.

    However, I still cannot recover any files. I remember the last time I
    installed Task there were a bunch of filesystem files. I am not sure if Brian
    has updated Task to support NTFS 3.0.

    > /usr/local/task/bin/fls: entry 29286 has an invalid MFT magic: 88000000
    I have been receiving similar errors using Task when clicking on deleted
    files. Also, I can recover file using Task.

    In order to recover any files I had to load up vmware running Windows 2000 and
    use Restorer2000 on the dd image.

    Keven Murphy
    GCIA & GCFA
    murphykat_private