Large file support in TASK

From: geoffrey (geoffreyat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 14:33:32 PST

    Hi all,
    	a coadmin and I are attempting to audit a WinXP drive, and
    having no luck. We used dd to backup the two partitions: small FAT32 and
    a 40G NTFS one. We can see everything on the FAT32 partition, but only
    one file is displayed for the NTFS partition. Actually, here is the
    specific information:

    Only file displayed is: DELL.SDR

    The partition size is: 39991311360 bytes

    We also get the following error when attempting to use the filesystem
    tools:

    /usr/local/task/bin/fls: entry 29286 has an invalid MFT magic: 88000000

    If the INODE or Data browser is used, other files can be accessed but
    only by guessing the INODE or cluster number. The names are displayed.
    Also, this is on a Linux 2.4.19 system, and the kernel will happily
    mount the drive image as a loopback device. This is a
    gentoo-xfs-sources-2.4.19-r2 which does include the new ntfs patches.
    So, we know for certain that there are no problems with the drive image.
    Can anyone tell us what we need to do in order to be able to look over
    the drive contents for the NTFS partition using autopsy? Thanks.

    geoffrey
    --

    This space intentionally
    left non-blank