Termlog - System terminal I/O and key logging program - Updated

From: Michael Legary (mlegaryat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 08:33:33 PST

    Termlog - System terminal I/O and key logging program

    Author: C.S. Peron
    OS: FreeBSD

    Updates

    - Added MD5 Checksum / Syslog Support
    	Now MD5 Checksums of sessions are created and can be configured
    to log to a remote system; enhancing non-	repudiation of the
    session files.

    Download

    http://www.seccuris.com/documents/downloads/termlog-1.0.2.tar.gz

    Overview

    Termlog is capable of performing real time synchronous monitoring and
    logging of multiple system ttys. It is designed to allow system
    administrators to monitor I/O between themselves and connected clients
    regardless of protocol medium used. Termlog allows you to snoop
    terminals based on their controlling tty, process ID or user ID. It
    allows you to timestamp the return keystroke so administrators can see
    the time breaks between entering commands if desired. Termlog will also
    log each session to an individual file by default.

    Termlog uses kernel event notification mechanisms on system files in
    conjunction with accessing the kernels virtual memory system so it can
    effectively verify system terminal activity. Because of this, Termlog
    can not be easily tricked by things like the screen(1) C-a-L key binding
    (Toggle a windows login slot.). Termlog is dependent on the existence of
    the snp(8) device. This device must be either compiled into the kernel
    or have a module loaded. If the existence of the device is not present
    in the kernel, Termlog will attempt to load the module itself. Unless
    otherwise specified, Termlog will attempt to open all active ttys, if
    there are not enough snp nodes in /dev, Termlog will attempt to create
    enough.