Ascertaining UDF and ISO CD time zone?

From: Mark G. Spencer (dreadnoughtat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 06:37:10 PST

    My coworker who is putting together the tutorial on UDF and ISO CD-ROM
    dating has run into a couple more problems and I was hoping those on the
    list more familiar with these specifications could assist him.

    Regarding UDF, he's working with the date and time stamp C4 0F D2 07 0A
    01 0A 2E 0C.  He's been able to compute and test all values against test
    burns except the 16-bit time zone and type value of 0xC4 0x0F.  How does
    this translate into time zone and type?

    Regarding ISO, he has found an inconsistency computing the time zone
    (calculated using the offset from GMT in the number of 15 minute
    intervals from -48 to +52) of hex 0xE4.  His logic at this point:

    -0xE4 = -228
    Dropped hundredths, resulting in -28 15 minute intervals, 4
    intervals/hr. -28 / 4 = -7

    But according to the Windows date and time properties on the test
    system, the time zone value should be -8!

    Thanks again for the excellent advice,

    Mark

    Introducing NetZero Long Distance
    1st month Free!