Re: How to DD NTFS?

From: jarryat_private
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 05:11:32 PST

    > 1. From Linux, I am unable to mount the NTFS partitions, so how do I
    > know which /dev/hda* is NTFS etc..
    > 2. If I make a guess and dd /dev/hda4 (which happens to NTFS), how
    > to mount later? As Linux does not recognise NTFS

    You can mount ntfs partitions (read-only, you must recompile kernel
    and it is still considered beta feature) and you can find the type
    of the partition before mounting them using "fdisk -l" (I think ntfs
    has id 7/17/86/87)

    More info http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/index.html

    > 3. Any suggestions how to dd NTFS when the system does not have
    > Linux installed, nor do you want to install Linux (or any UNIX for that
    > matter)

    Question for NT-gurus...

    Jarry