RE: How to DD NTFS?

From: David Kurtz (dkurtzat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 08:55:57 PST

    Which lawsuit is this?  I was under the assumption this was an old issue that never went to court. The stuff in the Linux Kernel archives seems dated to Sept 2000

    > have personally
    > seen it miss information on a drive.  DD imaged the drive
    > fine, but the NTFS
    > driver did not display certain directories, etc.  Therefore

    I have seen it miss info on a >10G drive. But this was on a LFS box with a "custom" kernel 2.4.18 and modified util-linux packages, so I thought that it was just my setup.  Did you see this on a stock <insert distro here> box?

    --
    Dave