Re: MD5 Exploit Database?

From: Simson L. Garfinkel (simsongat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 04:25:02 PST

    Thanks for the pointer to www.knowngoods.org.  Last year I was thinking
    of starting up an "MD5 collection project" where people could register
    MD5 codes (and I guess you have to do SHA-1 codes now) from different
    operating systems or forensics investigations. The theory was that on a
    first-pass study of a hard drive, the interesting files are files that
    have never been seen anywhere else. I had stared on an agent that
    people could run to report MD5s and so on, but for some reason I never
    finished the project.

    If this sounds interesting, I could finish it.