Re: encryption question

From: John L. Clarke, III (joclarkeat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 05:46:51 PST

    Look into Pointsec (previously Protect Data).  Full drive encryption, with
    administrative (read: key escrow) level access and controls.  I'm not sure
    if this is what you are looking for or not.

    http://www.pointsec.com/

    /john

    At 1/16/2003 15:27 -0500, Darren Welch wrote:

    >As a CISSP I have a task to protect information by locking down the info
    >on the pc with encryption. Also as a forensic examiner I am tasked with
    >making forensic images and conducting examinations in support of corporate
    >investigations, essentially getting into the information I am tasked with
    >protecting. There are many products that do hard disk encryption but I
    >have experienced major problems in making acquisitions without first
    >decrypting the drive thus tampering with evidence. As far as directory
    >level encryption the security requirement would be to use a hardware key
    >to authenticate to the encrypted directory (two factor authentication) but
    >as an examiner, the hardware key would need to contain administrator in
    >addition to user accounts or policies which would enable me to conduct a
    >sound investigation. Has anyone been in the same situation or know of any
    >company that offers this? Thanks

    >MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*.

    >This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS analyzer service.
    >For more information on this free incident handling, management and
    >tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com

    John L. Clarke, III                             Cisco Systems, Inc.
    joclarkeat_private                              Information Security
               Team Lead: SecOps, Incidents, Investigations
          PGP: 28FE 9973 9A75 6408  59DB 5D82 73B4 FB04