encryption question

From: Darren Welch (armyreconat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 12:27:33 PST

    As a CISSP I have a task to protect information by locking down the info on
    the pc with encryption. Also as a forensic examiner I am tasked with making
    forensic images and conducting examinations in support of corporate
    investigations, essentially getting into the information I am tasked with
    protecting. There are many products that do hard disk encryption but I have
    experienced major problems in making acquisitions without first decrypting
    the drive thus tampering with evidence. As far as directory level encryption
    the security requirement would be to use a hardware key to authenticate to
    the encrypted directory (two factor authentication) but as an examiner, the
    hardware key would need to contain administrator in addition to user
    accounts or policies which would enable me to conduct a sound investigation.
    Has anyone been in the same situation or know of any company that offers
    this? Thanks