RE: MD5 Exploit Database?

From: Holt, Albert (Albert.Holtat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 04:35:54 PST

    There are a number of reasons why it is prudent to calculate SHA-1 in
    addition to md5. They can be used to some degree to compare and validate
    each other's results. And what if some morning it is discovered that there
    is a fatal flaw in md5, and that the results cannot be trusted? You already
    have Plan B. Commodity compute power is cheap, as is storage for a bunch of
    128/160 bit outputs.

    al holt
    NSIRC