Re: I'm having an image problem...

From: Michael Cecil (macecilat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 22:13:03 PST

    At 09:50 PM 2/14/2003, James.Holleyat_private wrote:
     >Here are some bullets to stimulate thinking. Keep in mind that if you make
     >absolute statements in court like "leaving only ...", you'll get grilled
     >on details like this.
     >
     >In regard to stand alone utilities:
     >        Which stand alone defrag utilities can be used (run from a
     >floppy/CD) to defrag a FAT32 volume?
     >        For those that can be run from floppy or CD, which ones leave no
     >trace in the registry?

    It's not difficult to make a bootable CD with Windows on it (like a homebrew
    embedded OS) with virtually any defragger (Diskeeper, Perfectdisk, OO Defrag,
    Speeddisk, etc) on it.  If you boot up with such a CD, you could defrag with
    these tools and leave no trace in the harddrive installed OS's registry.  See
    this article: http://www.heise.de/ct/english/99/11/206/
    --
    Michael Cecil
    macecilat_private