Re: I'm having an image problem...

From: Stephen Samuel (samuelat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 22:42:40 PST

    James.Holleyat_private wrote:
    > James said:
    >
    > /*
    > I took md5 checksums of the images from the CD and subsequently my working

    > This seems a bit confusing to me. How do "images from the CD" and "copies
    > on the hard drive" relate to each other?

    I presume that something along the lines of
    	cat HARDDISK[1234567].IMG > /dev/newdisk
    would recreate the imaged disk.

    All things said and done, it would have been a good idea for
    this person to also have done an MD5sum of the original disk
    so that he could verify that the recreated disk image  was the same
    as the original.

    --
    Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426                samuelat_private
    		   http://www.bcgreen.com/~samuel/