RE: CRC32 vd MD5

From: adminat_private
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 08:25:53 PST

    Another (much belated) thank you to those who followed up on my last post regarding
    the use of CRC and MD5. I agree with most of the comments made regarding the nature
    of electronic evidence, although I think my concerns were more directed towards the
    potential vulnerability of evidential integrity before an image is passed to the defence
    rather than the use to which such evidence can be put thereafter.

    In any event, as I move from private practice to law enforcement myself, I'm interested to
    see whether or not I have those same concerns twelve months hence!

    Kind regards,

    Jamie Morris
    --
    Forensic Focus