md5deep released

From: Jesse Kornblum (jesse.kornblumat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 10:42:51 PST

    I'm proud to announce that AFOSI is releasing another forensic tool to
    the general public. Our latest program, md5deep, is a cross-platform
    program to compute MD5 message digests on an arbitrary number of files.
    The program is known to run on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, and should run
    on most other platforms. md5deep is similar to the md5sum program found
    in the GNU Textutils
    <http://www.gnu.org/directory/text/wordproc/textutils.html> package, but
    has the following additional features:

        * Recursive operation - md5deep is able to recursive examine an
          entire directory tree. That is, compute the MD5 for every file in
          a directory and for every file in every subdirectory.
        * Time estimation - md5deep can produce a time estimate when it's
          processing very large files.
        * Comparison mode - md5deep can accept a list of known hashes and
          compare them to a set of input files. The program will only
          display those input files that match the list of known hashes.

    md5deep is available at http://md5deep.sourceforge.net/

    Questions and comments are welcome!

    --
    SA Jesse Kornblum