Re: Linux, dd, and image file

From: Luis Gomez (lgomezat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 19:30:50 PST

    It's perfectly possible, but you forgot an important point: you imaged a
    DRIVE, and want to mount a PARTITION. IIRC, there are 63 blocks of 512 bytes
    between the beginning of the disk and the beginning of the partition, so how
    about losetup /dev/loop0 testing.bin -o 63

    Maybe it's not 63 (though I think it is), but anyway this is the way to go.
    Later you can mount it with no problem.

    Regards

    	Pope

    --