RE: Computer Forensics

From: Tyzenhaus, Laurie (Laurie.Tyzenhausat_private)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 07:34:11 PDT

    The PROCESS should be the starting point. Once the PROCESS is agreed upon,
    then the focus should be on the procedures and specific technologies.  Using
    the PROCESS as the guide, the procedures can be created by the specific
    platform experts and tested by the novices.  Consider adding the procedures
    as appendices.  We can't ignore the technology just because it is changing
    so fast.

    I don't mean imply that you folks write a book, but there should be enough
    technical detail in the procedures that they cannot be misinterpreted by
    anyone, whether lawyer, judge, technical or John-Q-Public.

    Laurie
    First time posting, long time lurking ...
    This is my opinion, and does not reflect the opinion of my employer.
    Laurie Tyzenhaus
    ISTP Technical Expert
    DOE - CH Office of Counterintelligence
    9800 S. Cass Avenue