RE: Finding root-kits on Windows

From: shrink-wrapat_private
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 08:13:15 PDT

    Jonathan,

    Not quite.  I have found what looks to be a root-kit but what I am hoping
    to do is find the root-kit itself (filename, size, options & functions,
     etc.).  Is this a root-kit that has been seen before and documented
    or is this a new variant?  This is one of the important questions I'd
    like to answer.

    As an answer to your indirect question- I am not worried about other
    boxes that were compromised, this was a isolated subnet.

    Phil

    On Tue, 06 May 2003 06:14:37 -0700 "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonathanat_private>
    wrote:
    >Sounds like you answered your own question; to find out if any of
    >your other
    >machines have this root-kit, create a file with the word drop in
    >it and see
    >if it disappears.

    https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434

    Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: