Re: Removing HTTP headers from tcpdump logs

From: Jarkko Turkulainen (jtat_private)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 09:20:58 PDT

    > My question to the list: What tools/methods are used to manually remove the
    > HTTP headers that prevent the (easy/quick) recovery of files over HTTP?

    Text editor! I use the vi editor to edit the TCP session file. Just "dd"
    the headers and the emtpy line after them, and the file is ready for
    recovery. tar might give a warning because of the extra carrier return
    character in the end of the file, but it really works!

    Best regards,

    --
    Jarkko Turkulainen <jtat_private>