Re: Removing HTTP headers from tcpdump logs

From: shawnmer (shawnmerat_private)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 14:45:28 PDT

    Hi,

    With respect to extractng the HTTP data, you might take a peek at tcpflow:
    http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/tcpflow/

    It can read in tcpdump files using -r

    <snip>

    tcpflow version 0.20 by Jeremy Elson <jelsonat_private>

    usage: tcpflow [-chpsv] [-b max_bytes] [-d debug_level] [-f max_fds]
              [-i iface] [-w file] [expression]

            -b: max number of bytes per flow to save
            -c: console print only (don't create files)
            -d: debug level; default is 1
            -f: maximum number of file descriptors to use
            -h: print this help message
            -i: network interface on which to listen
                (type "ifconfig -a" for a list of interfaces)
            -p: don't use promiscuous mode
            -r: read packets from tcpdump output file
            -s: strip non-printable characters (change to '.')
            -v: verbose operation equivalent to -d 10
    expression: tcpdump-like filtering expression

    </snip>

    -scm

    CM:Chris Mawer