Re: Retrieve deleted data from a mobile phone

From: Suresh Ponnusami (suryaat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 09:24:22 PDT

    Hi,

    To a certain extent the numbers from dialed, received and missed calls
    from Siemens (till 35 series) can be retrieved even after clearing. The
    data is stored in the phone's memory and when the power (battery) is
    removed abruptly, it retains the previous batch of the data which might
    be useful. haven't tried with other mobiles. (will be trying with other
    handsets soon). but if the number is stored in the sim card, i don't
    think it'll be possible to erase because the user's action gets reflected
    immediately as well as due to the limited amount of memory available.
    It frees the space as soon as it gets deleted.
    regards,
    P.Suresh,
    Co-founder,
    Information Security Consultant,