Waste, Fraud, Abuse

From: J (jjhorner@SAFe-mail.net)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 09:29:00 PDT

    I'm in the process of updating our WFA analysis procedures.  If any of you have defined (or mostly defined) procedures for investigation WFA, please send them my way.  So far, we do the normal:

    1.  extract browser history
    2.  extract browser cache
    3.  extract all known information formats (pictures, word processing files, mp3s, wavs, etc)
    4.  extract cookies
    5.  extract activity as captured by NIDS

    Anything I need to add here?  Anyone got any good (sanitized) final WFA reports?  I'd also like to see if our format needs updating.

    I understand that a lot of this is based on company HR policy, but I'd like to see industry best practices, if I could.

    Thanks,
    JJ

    J. J. Horner
    CISSP,CCNA,CHSS,CHP