Decent Win32 utility for hash set creation, organization, and manipulation?

From: Mark G. Spencer (mspencerat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 14:05:43 PDT

    I would like to start building some decent "notable" hash sets for use in my
    investigations, but have not found a decent Win32 utility for creating,
    organizing, and manipulating hash sets.

    The method I've used in the past is too cumbersome for serious work, which
    includes the manual creation of .hsh and .hke files in HashKeeper format.

    HSH file includes:

    file id
    hashset_id
    Filename
    Directory
    Hash
    File size
    Date modified
    Time modified
    Time zone
    Comments
    Date accessed
    Time accessed

    HKE file includes:

    hashset id
    name
    vendor
    package
    version
    authenticated flag
    notable flag
    initials
    number of files
    Description
    Date loaded

    Based on the number of hashes that HashKeeper and NSRL have compiled, I'm
    assuming they must have a better way to work with hash sets than manually
    creating and editing these .HSH and .HKE files.

    Since I want to share my notable hash sets, I will probably make good use of
    most (if not all) of the fields provided above so that my hashes are useful.

    Any advice is greatly appreciated!

    Mark G. Spencer
    Computer Forensics Examiner
    EvidentData, Inc.