Forensics - Tools & Training

From: Andy Cuff [Talisker] (taliskerat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 02:30:15 PDT

    Hi
    [tools]
    For those of you that weren't aware Gary Golomb has built up some great
    pages covering not only forensic tools but also anti-forensic tools
    tools - http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/fortools.htm
    toolkits - http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/fortoolkits.htm
    antiforensic tools - http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/foranti.htm
    I'm sure he'd appreciate details on any that you feel are missing
    [/tools]

    [training]
    The security training pages are really taking off, I'm currently working on
    collecting details of all commercial and government forensic/incident
    handling courses, so far I have these:

    Fundamentals of Incident Handling - Carnegie Mellon SEI

    Advanced Incident Handling for Technical Staff - Carnegie Mellon SEI

    Incident Response / Forensics - Foundstone

    Practical Incident Response - @stake

    Digital Forensic Analysis - @stake

    Incident Response and Forensics - ReDvolutiontm Technologies, LLC

    Track 8: System Forensics, Investigations, and Response - Sans Institute

    Next Generation Data Forensics Using Linux - CrazyTrain

    Advanced Linux Forensics - CrazyTrain

    details on all the above can be found here
    http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/CIR.htm

    information on any that I'm missing would be greatly appreciated
    [/training]

    take care
    -andy
    Taliskers Network Security Tools