RE: Windows forensics with Linux analysis machine

From: Holger.Woehleat_private
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 01:17:11 PDT

    ...i don't think that the F.I.R.E matches all needs for an investigation of
    Windows .
    I am not to close with Forensics of Windows plattforms bit i am learning...
    On attempt might be the registry. A very important database which you can't
    analyse with F.I.R.E., or am i wrong ?
    Please correct me.

    By the way does anybody know a tool for doing that under linux ?
    At the moment i am doing a:\redump.exe | cryptcat and lesses/grep the acsii
    dump-file on my forensics notebook.
    But this means, that the System is alive and runnning! And that no trojan hides
    registry-trees (hives).

    looking forward
    Holger

    "tetsujin" <tetsujinat_private>