RE: Windows forensics with Linux analysis machine

From: Zachary Bourdeau (zachat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 00:32:38 PDT

    JJ,

    Take a look at the Knoppix STD @ www.knoppix-std.org  . The current release of STD includes the Sleuthkit and Autopsy, and few other tools and works quite well.

    Zach Bourdeau

     -----Original Message-----
    From: 	JJ [mailto:jjhorner@SAFe-mail.net]
    Sent:	Wednesday, August 20, 2003 12:30 PM
    To:	forensicsat_private
    Subject:	Windows forensics with Linux analysis machine

    All,

    I'm looking for good tools that will allow me to do a full investigation of a Windows image using linux.  I'm looking at Autopsy and Sleuthkit now.  Are there any other tools that will allow me to do the full investigation (view registry structures, undelete files, etc) under linux?

    Thanks,
    JJ

    J. J. Horner
    CISSP,CCNA,CHSS,CHP