Re: Data hidden in Word documents

From: Kurt Seifried (btat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 13:28:14 PDT

    > Undo does not work across closing and re-opening a document, so I would
    > not expect undo-information to be enclosed in the document.

    Yes it does. There have been many news stories broken when a reporter gets a
    word doc PR release, hits undo and finds out some nugget of info. I have
    received word docs, hit undo and found interesting things (just check
    theregister.co.uk). Autosave, chenage tracking, just normal usage, etc can
    all result in interesting data left in the document. My advice: cut and
    paste to another doc, save and ship.

    > Regards
    > Ansgar Wiechers

    Kurt Seifried, kurtat_private