Re: Data hidden in Word documents

From: Ansgar Wiechers (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 08:02:37 PDT

    On 2003-08-25 Kurt Seifried wrote:
    > > Undo does not work across closing and re-opening a document, so I
    > > would not expect undo-information to be enclosed in the document.
    >
    > Yes it does. There have been many news stories broken when a reporter
    > gets a word doc PR release, hits undo and finds out some nugget of
    > info. I have received word docs, hit undo and found interesting things
    > (just check theregister.co.uk).

    Huh? I've never seen "Undo" being available when opening a document in
    any version of Word I had my hands on. Under what circumstances did that
    happen (sorry, I seem to fail finding the article you are referring to)?

    I'm pretty much aware of the fact that Word *does* store this
    information, but I fail to see how the existence of an "Undo" feature
    (which is limited to the current session according to all of my
    observations) would be any kind of excuse for it.

    Regards
    Ansgar Wiechers