Re: ODBC

From: tqbfat_private
Date: Sun May 10 1998 - 11:23:33 PDT

    > First answer would be easy: _don't_ do it. ODBC is an immature protocol;
    > security isn't implemented by any vendor I know of. They don't have

    Huh? I am very weak on database stuff, but I was of the impression that
    ODBC *wasn't* an on-the-wire protocol, but rather a calling convention for
    database libraries so that arbitrary drivers could interoperate with
    arbitrary database-enabled programs.

    If ODBC IS an on-the-wire protocol, can someone point me to where it's
    defined?

    Thomas H. Ptacek			     		Secure Networks, Inc.
    http://www.enteract.com/~tqbf	 "If you're so special, why aren't you dead?"