Re: Lotus Notes question

From: Bart Smit (Bart.Smitat_private)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 03:21:11 PDT

    > A quick question: does Lotus Notes use only one connection
    > between the client and the server? According to what I've found on Lotus'
    > web site you only need to allow access to port 1352, but I've gotten this
    > strange message from a client.....

    Yes, any client (or server) that initiates a connection to your server
    does so on port 1352 and that's it. I successfully use plug-gw from the
    TIS fwtk to make off-site servers and clients talk to our Notes server
    and setting it up was very straightforward.

    B.t.w. what is the "strange message" ? I bet it contains a clue or two
    about what's wrong ;-)

    --
    Bart Smit                                   Phone: +31 71 5617670
    System Administrator                          Fax: +31 71 5617484

         Bowne Global Solutions (Netherlands) BV
         Papelaan 85
         2252 EG  VOORSCHOTEN
         The Netherlands