Log analysis tools

From: Technical Incursion Countermeasures (listsat_private)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 20:19:12 PDT

    Part of a paper I'm doing will give a list of log analysis tools  and thier
    usefulness in audit situations.

    But the interesting thing is that I don't seem to be able to find many log
    analysis tools at all (maybe I'm using the wrong search string).

    In particular I'm looking for tools to analyse firewall logs, but ones that
    analyse the syslog would be nice too.

    Cheers,

    Bret
    Technical Incursion Countermeasures
    consultingat_private                      http://www.ticm.com/
    ph: (+61)(08) 9454 2487(UTC+8 hrs)      fax: (+61)(08) 9454 6042

    The Insider - a e'zine on Computer security
    http://www.ticm.com/info/insider.html