Re: Nokia IP650 FW-1 with VRRP and NAT

From: Jerald Josephs (jerald.josephsat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 20:07:49 PST

    --------------D81A75182790BDDB72F65E41

    If you were a bit more specific, I can guide you to the solution.
    For one thing, please understand that IPSO will drop packets
    with a destination IP address that is the VRRP IP Address.

    Is this what you are trying to do?  The Nokia implementation
    of VRRP, whether it is Version 2 or Monitored Circuit, complies
    with RFC 2338, at least, it does now, :-).

    The fact that you see a log entry in FW-1 that the packet
    was translated indicates that the packet was processed by
    FW-1, but once it handed it back to IPSO, it is possible that
    it would not be processed further, based upon your configuration.

    --
    Jerald.Josephsat_private  (650) 625-2175 (office)
    Manager Proactive Services

    Jim Rice wrote:

    > Anyone got this working?
    >
    > A request goes to the VRRP address, is translated to the internal
    > address, but is not forwarded to the internal interface.
    > And yes, ipforwarding is on.
    >
    > So far, no word from either CheckPoint nor Nokia support...
    >
    > Any hints would be wonderful!
    >
    > --
    > Jim Rice               o~         o~     ofc:    (949) 581-1700
    > Techfuel, Inc.       +-/-'      <//\     fax:    (949) 581-1799
    > 3 Musick              <<        /V<=     dsk:    (949) 609-0412
    > Irvine, CA 92618     <"===>    @ ==@     net:  jimat_private

    --------------D81A75182790BDDB72F65E41

    begin:vcard
    n:Josephs;Jerald
    tel;fax:650-625-2903
    tel;work:650-625-2175
    x-mozilla-html:TRUE
    url:http://www.iprg.nokia.com
    org:Nokia IP Routing Group;Customer Services
    adr:;;313 Fairchild Ave;Mountain View;California;94043;USA
    version:2.1
    email;internet:Jerald.Josephsat_private
    title:Manager Proactive Services
    x-mozilla-cpt:;0