Unix vs. WinNT Security

From: Moore, James (James.Mooreat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 08:32:55 PST

    I'm looking for papers or other on-line sources of information that provide
    a comparison of security between Unix and Windows NT. I realize this is a
    broad topic, and at least in the case of Unix covers a lot of ground (since
    all Unices are not created equal). However, any pointers to your "favorite"
    papers on this subject, or any papers that are generally recognized or
    acclaimed as authoritative, fair and accurate would be appreciated.

    The two facets of this question I'm particularly interested in are: a)
    comparisons of the security models; i.e. is one 'inherently' more or less
    secure than the other?, and b) any empirical data that shows how they have
    fared in practice.

    Finally - please, please, please do not take this as an invitation to debate
    the topic. I am requesting references only.

    Thanks,
    Jim Moore
    256.461.4381

    ----------- PGP PUBLIC KEY FINGERPRINT ------------
    1D9C 3AC3 34E6 EEDF 22B9  7886 7797 6908 048F 049B