RE: Citrix ICA through port 80?

From: Bill Stout (Bill.Stoutat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 13:44:51 PST

    Nope.  Tell them to dial up from home.

    You could publish an html page which has a hyperlink to an ICA file, but
    then you fire up port 1494/tcp within or outside the browser anyway.  You
    could get restrict all access to port 1494 and use the Secure ICA product
    for 40/56/128bit RC5 encryption.  See:
    http://www.citrix.com/products/sica/sicawp/start.htm
    Also see "Using Firewalls With WinFrame":
    http://www.citrix.com/support/solution/sol00053.htm

    Some time ago Citrix bought a company which displays the Windows App GUI
    through a Java interpreter, so hope springs eternal.

    SCO Taranella could be used to front-end the WTS box to preserve session
    state, but it then uses ports 3144/tcp and 5307/tcp (SSL).

    Make sure your 'demo' system is isolated and can't talk to anything else,
    since once a WTS/Citrix system is on the Internet, it's only a matter of
    time until someone 'owns' it.

    None of this solves the problem of punching a hole through the remote
    firewall.

    Bill Stout