Re: Killing Napster

From: Philip J. Koenig (pjklistat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 21:37:56 PST

    It seems to me that given the fact that napster has a
    changeable port #, and given the fact that it appears to
    want to initially connect to the Napster network (when
    installing anyway) perhaps you can also block those addresses
    as a further measure.

    FROM ARIN:

    Global Crossing (NET-GBLX-5)        GBLX-5
    208.178.0.0 - 208.178.255.255

    Napster, Inc. (NETBLK-FGC-REQ000000003596) FGC-REQ000000003596
    208.178.175.128 - 208.178.175.135

    Phil

    On 17 Feb 00, at 10:34, Jayson Broughton boldly uttered: